Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Client Cluster

sr69
Level 4
Hi I have problems with an Exclude

Backup Server "Master" Netbackup 5.1 MP5 Master Server Windows 2003

Cluster "Clus"
Server "A" Windows 2003  (physical server)
Server "B" Windows 2003  (physical server)
Server "C" (Virtual Server)

There is one policy "CLUSTER" to backup ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES on virtual server "C"
And another policy "CLIENTS" to backup C:\ and Shadow Copy Components:\ for Servers "A" and "B"

I'm trying to exclude C:\ and Shadow Copy Components:\ from virtual Server "C" since it's being backed up in  the policy CLIENTS
Server C --> Host Properties --> Windows Client --> Exclude List  (Policy CLUSTER, Schedule All Schedules, Files and Directories C:\ and Shadow Copy Components:\)

The problem is that Exclude is not working

I also try with physical Server A --> Host Properties..... instead of Server C but same result

There is no need to restart services on clients right?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Michel_Steiner
Level 4
I have a similar setting and it works. But be careful that you have to add the exclude in selecting node A and B, because the excludes are stored in the registry on these nodes; and the virtual server C can be served by node A or B. No need to restart after a exclude list change.

sr69
Level 4
Thanks Michel, I did the change now excludes are in Node A and B.

I will review the result tomorrow

sr69
Level 4
It seems is working becuase jobs for C:\ and Shadow Copy Components:\ are reporting successful with 1KB written.

Another question, I read that Quorum database is backed up on System State; but my question is if the drive Q:\ (quorum) is needed to be backed up? or if it's enogh with the System State backup

Note: Nodes are Windows 2003, right now, drive Q:\ appears only on one of the nodes (not in virtual server)

Thanks.