cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP Client

Patience
Level 3
For almost a week, I have not been able to backup my 2 Windows XP PCs. I reinstalled the client on the PC and created a new policy and that didn't help either. I did a bpclntcmd - pn, -sv, -ip IP_Address and -hn Hostname and all of them were successful and when I went to do another backup. Nothing worked. These were all separate commands. I can ping from the master server and the client PC. Everything is successful. I took a look at the problems for this client and all I am getting is cannot connect to (client) The operation completed successfully. backup of client (name) exited with status 58 (can't connect to client). I looked at all the settings on both master and client and everything looks normal. I tried to run a backup from the client and it timed out. I tried a restore and it timed out too. I have rebooted the XP box and the Master Server and it still won't backup.

Client - Windows XP Version 2002 SP2

Master/Media Server - Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP1 Netbackup 6.0MP4

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
How many network interfaces do you have on the box?

You might want to add entries to the 'hosts' file on each server/box.

Can you do user backups from the host?

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
Did you disable Windows Firewall on windows xp ?

Patience
Level 3
Thank you for all your help. Right after I talked to you, for some magical reason, the backups started working.

Thanks again.

Stumpr2
Level 6
It was intimidated by the talent in this forum nd decided to start cooperating Smiley Very Happy

Patience
Level 3
Thanks for the laugh. I need that. Smiley Very Happy

If you can, would you take a look at the question about the Which user, that I posted.

Thanks

Stumpr2
Level 6
I did. How did things turn out for you?

Patience
Level 3
I start doing the test tonight. If everything goes as plan then I will complete the testing by Wednesday.

Thanks.