cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Upgrade Questions

bumj1
Level 5
Sorry for the rambing here but just want to get a few questions out of the way.

1.  In the upgrade document it advised to "make a copy of the bar code rules."  How is this done.
2.  The document advises to deactivate all media servers.  I have one media server and when I right click as advised there is no option for "deactivate."  Do I not need to worry about this with one media server?
3.  I have one master and media server on the same physical box.  Will the nbpushdata - add only need to be ran once, and how much free space on the volume will I need if my entire database is already on it?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
hi,

can you specify the from which version you are upgrading to?

u need to decativate all the polices in the media server to confirm there are no jobs starting during upgrading

exceuting nbpushdata -add once after upgrading is sufficient

regards,
Srikanth.

Colin_North
Level 6
Hi,
Here's some answers:

1) An easy way to find out the barcode rules is under Media and Device Management, find your robot(s), right click each robot, Inventory robot, Advanced Options, and one of the tabs is barcode rules.

2) De-activate all media servers is done through Netbackup 6.0, it's not an option in Netbackup 5.0. You carry out this step once you have upgraded the software to NBU 6.0, assuming you're going to 6.0.

I used these documents for my upgrade:

* Technote 285590 Revision D
* Netbackup 6.0 Installation Guide
* Opened a call with Symantec ref NBCC
* Performed a test upgrade first with a copy of my live environment

It was less painful than I thought.

Good luck.