cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP support in NBU 7.6.0.3

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, our master server is NBU Enterprise server 7.6.0.3. It is also the media server. There are no other media servers.  We have one Windows XP SP3 32bit client. I checked the NBU SCL and it seems NBU 7.6.0.3 does not support open file backup for Windows XP SP3 32bit. My question is:

1) I am thinking if we can install NBU 6.5 client in the Windows XP machine. Does NBU 7.6.0.3 master server (which is also the media server) support NBU 6.5 client? 

2) If no in 1), are there any workaround so that we can back up open files for Windows XP machine in this case?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

NetBackup 6.5 client will work with a Netbackup 7.6.0.3 master or media server BUT.....

NetBackup 6.x is NOT support anymore. Netbackup 6.x went End of Service Life in October 2012.

That means if you had any issues with the backups or restores of these clients with NetBackup 6.5 installed, you would not get support from Symantec.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Yes it will work if you're only backing up files and don't try to use any new features.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

NetBackup 6.5 client will work with a Netbackup 7.6.0.3 master or media server BUT.....

NetBackup 6.x is NOT support anymore. Netbackup 6.x went End of Service Life in October 2012.

That means if you had any issues with the backups or restores of these clients with NetBackup 6.5 installed, you would not get support from Symantec.