cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZFS + Solaris 10 u4 + NBU 6.5.1

ebodykid
Level 4
We have just discovered an issue that affects our backups on boxes that are running Solaris 10 u4 and ZFS.  It seems as though netbackup does not see the ZFS pools as local disk, and therefore does not backup the Zpools when the policy states ALL_LOCAL_DISK.  This does work properly in Sol 10 u3 so it is something with the recent change.  Has anyone else run into this, and have a solution besides having to specify each zpool explicitly in the Backup Selections?  I have tried the cross mount points to see if that helped, but it had no impact.  I have a case open with Sun, but so far they have not found an answer.
thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2

ebodykid
Level 4
Anyone have any ideas?  My sun support group has apparently not found a solution, and i am sick on the hold music... please help!

error_41_media_
Level 2

We are running 6.5.2++ and had a similar issue, we had explicit paths and for some reason it wouldn't deal with sub-directories on the backups until we had the cross mount points attribute set in the policy.  Also have you tried using / instead of ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES?

Thanks,

Tony