cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a better restore interface

Khalid__lname
Level 3
is there any 3rd party apps that would show restorable files/versions a la Shadow Copy? right now trying to track changes or view multiple versions of a specific file is not doable using NB Backup and Restore client, one has to select each date and drill down to the file path to see if it exists, I find this very annoying since the information is already there, it just has to be presented the right way.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Hey there,
I'd recommend looking at this:
http://www.quest.com/news/show.aspx?ContentId=3936&ContentTypeId=2&site=∏=&technology=&pageindx=

I know that we use it where I work, but I don't work with it directly, though. Check it out.

Khalid__lname
Level 3
thanks for the reply, but the link you provided talks about some Active Directory products, nothing NetBackup related.. :(

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Within, the product I'm not sure how this would be visible; I was just providing an alternative. The only way I see you getting that level of granularity is from a 3rd party product...

Khalid__lname
Level 3
right, that's why I asked about 3rd party products...

Robert_Minser
Level 4
In the backup archive and restore utility. Select all backups Windows is shift-click. Then select View, Show all backups. It should then give you a full list of each file and when it was backed up

Robert_Minser
Level 4
In the backup archive and restore utility. Select all backups Windows is shift-click. Then select View, Show all backups. It should then give you a full list of each file and when it was backed up