Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

& sign in java console with 6.5.2

Peter_Jakobs
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi,

I'm having a strange issue after upgrading to 6.5.2.
With the Java interface, when I try to select a folder with an & character in his name, for restoring from a windows client I get an error and cannot restore the folder/files
The windows java interface tells me: Invalid character ........ detected (Status 1,001)
The Unix java interface tells me: Can not execute program (status 509)

Any idea's?

Peter

6 REPLIES 6

Jeff_Sundin
Level 3
Partner
Same problem here on this issue.  Solaris 8 with NBU 652. 

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

have you installed 6.5.2.a many things have been fix here, havent see anything regarding java but I never pay attention to this issues because we use more the CLI, but maybe is been fix on the 6.5.2a version.

regards

Rick_Green
Not applicable
I am also having this problem on a NBU 5.1 MP7 / Solaris 10 Master. This is trying to restore NDMP type backups. I also have a case opened, 320-127-988

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Definitely TechNote 306925 as Andy linked above.  If you can't use the workarounds listed there (basically, use the Windows console or command line instead of the Java consoles), open a case with support, reference the Etrack listed in the TechNote (1363803) and request some replacement binaries for 6.5.2.

(This will also fix any problems you might have with dollar signs in your paths as well, as noted in TechNote 306816.)

Peter_Jakobs
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
I opened a call;

Symantec Bug ID: 1363803

and received a new nbjP.jar file that resolved the problem.

Peter