cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpdbjobs: cannot get retention levels on server Masterserver2

King25may
Level 4

I'm getting this server when trying to execute the command 

bpdbjobs -most_columns -noheader -M Master_server2.

Please help!!!!!

I'm executing this script in master server1.

Master server1 has 7.5.0.7 version

Master server2 is an appliane 7.6.1.1 version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What is the result of your command? Does the Appliance master have a SERVER entry for server1? The heading of your post says you are looking for retention levels. Why are you using bpdbjobs to get retention levels? Configured retention levels can be listed with bpretlevel. Retention levels of backed up data can be viewed with bpimagelist. If you want to use server1 to manage and query server2, then server1 should be same or higher NBU version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What is the result of your command? Does the Appliance master have a SERVER entry for server1? The heading of your post says you are looking for retention levels. Why are you using bpdbjobs to get retention levels? Configured retention levels can be listed with bpretlevel. Retention levels of backed up data can be viewed with bpimagelist. If you want to use server1 to manage and query server2, then server1 should be same or higher NBU version.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Normally you can't do "corss Netbackup domain commads" unless server1 is on servers2 server list in bp.conf

King25may
Level 4

"bpdbjobs: cannot get retention levels on server Masterserver2" is the error I got.

Checked bp.conf file SERVER entry was not there. Hence added.

Now its working fine.

Thank you