Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bperror Script to generate report

Puffy
Level 6

Hi,

I have written a script using

bperror -U -backstat -hoursago 12 for example.

I found that the output are truncated if the output is too long.

Example

STATUS CLIENT POLICY

o         myServ Policy_A

Name of Client is myServer

Policy is Policy_ABC 

Is there a way to display the full name.

Thanks!
NBU 6.0 

3 REPLIES 3

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

you can tweak the size of the columns  BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS check on ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290202.pdf page 36

regards

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

coldefs settings is for the command "bpdbjobs -report" and not for the command "bperror".

You are using the "-U" switch which creates a formatted output listing.  Ty using the "-l" (little ell) switch instead, which generates an unformatted list with one entry per line.  The first few fields are always in the same place/column, but if you really get deep into processing the "text" part of the report, then you'll probably need to write some custom code to break apart various fields and filter this data based on whether the reporting module is bpbrm or bptm or whatever.

I have seen (in v5.1 at least - and I've not delved too far into processing bperror output from v6.5 yet)... as I was saying, I have seen bperror report "confused" data, i.e. half lines, concatenated lines, etc - almost as if too much data was incoming in the past and has been saved in a garbled form, and there's not alot you can do about that, except to put generous lines of code in your script to attempt to filter out the bad data.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

swd303 is right coldefs are only for bpdbjobs outputs, you can try bperror -L in case you dont know what the bperror -l output means.

regards