cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

`bprestore` switch for Exchange dismount DB operation

mccleld
Level 3

Hello Team,

I'm performing some restores of Microsoft Exchange data using the Netbackup `bprestore` CLI. I've been able to achieve almost everything I need using the CLI with the exception of one GUI option for which I cannot seem to find a CLI alternative.

In the NetBackup Backup Archive and Restore GUI when performing an Exchange restore I'm given the option to 'Dismount database prior to restore'. However I can't see a way to achieve the equivalent through the bprestore CLI switches.

My command so far is this:

bprestore -S <NBU_Server> -C <EXC_Client> -s 01/01/2001 00:00:01 -e 01/01/2001 00:00:01 -t 16 -cm -L /C/tmp/restore.log / 

This performs a point in time restore and database recovery without mounting the database after the recovery. However, unlike when using the BAR GUI, I have manually to perform a database dismount through the Exchange tools prior to performing this restore.

Can anyone suggest a command switch I might use to dismount the database before the restore?

Many thanks,

/David Mc
London, UK

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Dave,

Create a restore folder under logs and see which siwtches it uses in both cases (through comparison)