Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while logging in netbackup for SQL

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
MY ENVIRONMENT
i am using netbackup 6.5 with windows2003 server for SFHA5.0

i am facing the below error when i tried to login via virtual name of vcs. but when i tried to login via virtual name i can open the backup window

figure below
imagebrowser image

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You need to be physically logged onto the active cluster node when you open the NetBackup for SQL Server interface.
You should be able to use Remote Desktop to connect to the Virtual hostname.
You need to log on using the same user id that is used to start the NetBackup Client server.
See the NetBackup for MS-SQL Admin Guide - Chapter 5: Using NetBackup for SQL Server

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

wfteixeira
Level 3
Already check if no have dns issue?

Zahid_Haseeb
no DNS issue. i can ping to each other with proper reply even i used the bpclntcmd command to verify the DNS problem :(

Zahid_Haseeb
i am able to take the flat files backups via virtual name successfully but not able to take the backup of SQL via virtual name......

On theother hand i am also not able to connect to the PC via virtual name if i tried to connect to the PC from RUN-->  \\virtualPC name.....but i can connect via \\virtual IP but still it asks me for password which i aspected not to ask bcuz the PC from where i am trying to connect to Virtual IP and the PC which is virtual IP machine both are using same domain user name

when i try to connect via virtual name i gets the below message

imagebrowser image

is there any service or other thing in windows2003 which faciliate virtual name???? which i should see !!!

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Is this the Virtual Name of the cluster OR the resource name for sql ????

Can you post a screenshot from the Cluster Admin screen ??

Zahid_Haseeb
sql-cluster is virtual name
i have already posted the screenshot b4 your post (this screenahot comes when i put virtual name in the START-->RUN)

what screenshot you are taking about from the Cluster Admin screen??

Marianne
Level 6
You need to be physically logged onto the active cluster node when you open the NetBackup for SQL Server interface.
You should be able to use Remote Desktop to connect to the Virtual hostname.
You need to log on using the same user id that is used to start the NetBackup Client server.
See the NetBackup for MS-SQL Admin Guide - Chapter 5: Using NetBackup for SQL Server

Zahid_Haseeb

i am able to login physically but i am useto login via terminal. Note:- my user account is Domain Admin

You should be able to use Remote Desktop to connect to the Virtual hostname

Yes i am able to connect remote desktop via virtual name

Yes i am using the same user account

Marianne
Level 6
Then I suggest that you log a call with Symantec. The engineer can connect via Webex and assist you with the setup.
There is clearly something that all of us are missing.
I have personally never experienced any problems backing up a SQL cluster (Microsoft and Veritas Cluster).

Marianne
Level 6
Have you read the section in the NetBackup for SQL admin guide under the topic "Support for Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) clusters"?