cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file list for NDMP restore job

adp1
Level 3
Greetings,

I have an NDMP restore job that finished "paritally successful".    I need to provide a list of all the files that were requested to be restored, as well as a list of files that were actually restored (or a list of those that failed).   Is there a command I can run to pull this information, or is there a log that gets created for restored that I can reference? 
Running Netbackup 6.5.3

Your assistance is appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
If you're doing a directory restore and that disables DAR, then there may not be a record within NBU.  It pushes only the name of the directory to the NDMP host and expects it to match.  The server isn't necessarily told which files were seen.

In your restore logs (at the beginning), do you get a message about DAR being enabled or disabled?

Depending on the NDMP server in use, you may be able to turn on more verbose logging and see things there, but that wouldn't be a generic solution across all servers.

--
Darren

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CY
Level 6
Certified
I assumed you run NetBackup management with root account, so here would be the log directory you want to check the restore jobs:

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/root/logs

If you did not use root for the restore job, check the same /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/ directory and look for the logs under the account you used.  The log should show you which files have been restored as well as which files failed to be restored.

You should see there is another directory:

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/root/jobs

Where you can find the restore jobs information - which files or directories were requested for restore from which backup images, as well as the "change" (i.e. files are requested to be restored to other locations.)

Hope this helps.

adp1
Level 3
Thank you - This is very close to what I was looking for - however, these logs only list the directory I requested restored.  I was hoping to get a listing of all the individual files within that directory.    I believe that if this had been a windows-nt type restore, I would have gotten the full file listing, but because it is NDMP the logging isn't as granular?  Is this correct?  

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Open the Logs in Writepad and check for the List of Missed files and requested files :)

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
If you're doing a directory restore and that disables DAR, then there may not be a record within NBU.  It pushes only the name of the directory to the NDMP host and expects it to match.  The server isn't necessarily told which files were seen.

In your restore logs (at the beginning), do you get a message about DAR being enabled or disabled?

Depending on the NDMP server in use, you may be able to turn on more verbose logging and see things there, but that wouldn't be a generic solution across all servers.

--
Darren