cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i move the backup images from data Domain to physical tapes?

asem_hamamdi
Level 2

how can i move the backup images from data Domain to physical tapes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

Will_Restore
Level 6

js88699
Level 5
Partner

Storage Lifecycle Policies are one way to do this if you have the OST licensing installed.  This would be the preferred way if you can do it.

The other way, and how I'm doing it on an older NetBackup environment is to create a vault profile to select the images you need and do the duplication that way.  When you have the vault working, you can create a vault backup policy to run it as often as you need it.  This works just fine with Basic DSU on a Data Domain.

Tim_Hansen
Level 5
Certified

you would have to be licensed for vault to do that

you can do a manual duplication from the catalog if you're not licensed for vault

teiva-boy
Level 6

When you buy DataDomain and use it as a storage target for NetBackup, you MUST buy Enterprise Disk for NetBackup.  It's charged PER TB, you are backing up and sending to the DD appliance.  This is called a "Front-End TB."

Once you buy Enterprise DIsk and enter in the licenses, you get access to the SLP features of NBU.

SLP will allow you to backup to disk, duplicate to tape, and even replicate to another DD box (triggering replication), all within a single policy, and each target having their own retention and expiry policy.  Cool stuff.