cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how catlog backup is to be taken ?

lvs0088
Level 2

hi,

As,am new to symantac backup how catlog backup is to be taken ??

**** Moved to new discussion from  Catalog recovery ****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I found your post in an unrelated post... 

Best to use the 'Create Content' at the top of this page to post questions/queries/issues.

To backup the NBU Catalog, you need to create a new policy and select Catalog_Backup as the type.

Add schedule(s) that will run every day and be sure that the location for the DR-file is on a separate filesystem from the NBU catalogs - preferably a mapped network drive and that email notification is configured to send DR-file and recovery steps as soon as the backup completes.

For detailed instructions, see chapter 22 of NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I  :
Protecting the NetBackup catalog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I found your post in an unrelated post... 

Best to use the 'Create Content' at the top of this page to post questions/queries/issues.

To backup the NBU Catalog, you need to create a new policy and select Catalog_Backup as the type.

Add schedule(s) that will run every day and be sure that the location for the DR-file is on a separate filesystem from the NBU catalogs - preferably a mapped network drive and that email notification is configured to send DR-file and recovery steps as soon as the backup completes.

For detailed instructions, see chapter 22 of NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I  :
Protecting the NetBackup catalog