cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i add media server to an exisiting storage server.

ngarart
Level 3

how do i add media server to an exisiting storage server.

I have configured storage server with 10 media server. now i need to add another media server  to the exisiting storage server. i tried ./nbdevconfig with no joy.

Stype = Quantum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ngarart
Level 3

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -add -storage_server XXXXXXXX -stype Quantum -sts_user_id backup -password backup

XXXXXXXX is storage server name

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What errors are you seeing when you run the nbdevconfig add? Is this media server new, or previoulsy configured and working?

Increase the log levels

vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 202 -s DebugLevel=6

vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 220 -s DebugLevel=6

vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 222 -s DebugLevel=6

Then check the logs for 202, 220, 222 using vxlogview.

ashokvaleti
Level 4

Try doing from GUI

Credentials-->Storage servers

Double click and open storage server.U can check the required media server to use

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you confirmed that the media server is supported with Quantum OST? Have you installed the OST plugin on the media server? Have you restarted nbrmms after plugin installation? Have you tested the new media server as normal BasicDisk media server to ensure comms with master is fine and that is functioning successful as media server? Please share all the steps that you have followed including the nbdevconfig command and the output.

ngarart
Level 3

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -add -storage_server XXXXXXXX -stype Quantum -sts_user_id backup -password backup

XXXXXXXX is storage server name