Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java NB Admin Console HostName list

1PSS
Level 3
Hello All,

An embarssing question for sure....

When using the java NB Admin Console, a dropdown forms in the Host Name field holding all masters previously logged into.  Where is this list stored ?  Aliases have been used for previous log-ins and I would like to remove them... Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
On Windows if you are using NBU Java Console:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\vrts\nbe\/N/B/E/Login/Lists\vrts-nbe-/Admin/Console

here you will see a key named host/list and other one user/list, there u can remove all what u want, remember that play with registry is not that simple, but in this case I delete a couple of my servers and it works.

hope this helps.
Regards.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6
It's not embarrassing to me to admit that I don't know..

1PSS
Level 3
Thanks for giving me a better outlook on my mystery  Robot Happy

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
On Windows if you are using NBU Java Console:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\vrts\nbe\/N/B/E/Login/Lists\vrts-nbe-/Admin/Console

here you will see a key named host/list and other one user/list, there u can remove all what u want, remember that play with registry is not that simple, but in this case I delete a couple of my servers and it works.

hope this helps.
Regards.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
If you are not using Java, I recomend you to perform a search for a server that is under the drop down list, take tha ones u use less, if NBU Admin Console stores this under the registry is for sure you will find them.

1PSS
Level 3
Excellent, I am all cleaned up. Many thanks!

Ryan_VDW
Level 3
Partner
Does anyone know where the hostname list is stored on Linux?

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
...but I think you're looking for
~<username>/.veritas/java/650000/_vrts_nbe_NBELoginLists_vrts-nbe-AdminConsole_prefs.properties

Also, please start a new thread next time.

:)