cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java console behavior - deleting multiple jobs causes all open jobs to close, loss of job selection

Genericus
   VIP   

Question - is anyone else seeing this?

Scenerio:

User 1 has JAva Admin activity monitor open, with a job selected and looking at job details.

User 2 selects multiple jobs in their Java Admin activity monitor ( but NOT including the one user 1 is looking at )

When User 2 deletes the multiple jobs, the job details window User 1 has open, closes.

Is this expected behavior? Or an issue?

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Genericus
   VIP   

Update -

"Just wanted to let you know that I spoke with a backline person about the issue and they were able to reproduce it. They will be opening an etrack as a defect with Engineering so it is on their bug list, but they couldn't give me any definitive answer as to when it might be fixed.

They said that they may end up at least documenting it in a technote so that if the issue is reported again there is documentation. 

Thanks for reporting the issue."

So, it is a real thing, may be fixed later. 

If you are looking at a job detail and the pop up window disapears - it may be another admin deleted a job...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Im not sure, but when you open a Job, you see three tabs ( Job Overview - Detailed Status - Job Hierarchy) right?

I already experienced a situation seem like that, but I delete the parent Job, and all of others were deleted too....

Example:

So If you are seeing a child job, and someone delete the parent job, all the others jobs child will be deleted....

Im not sure, if its your situation, sorry.

Regards,

Thiago

Genericus
   VIP   

Thanks for your imput. It is not parent/child jobs.

For example, once a day, NetBackup automatically removes activity jobs older than three days.

If you open one of todays jobs, not in scope for the deletion, when NetBakcup starts removing old jobs, your open job details will go away. In fact, it will be impossible to select any job, since the deletions remove your selection.

Genericus
   VIP   

Update -

"Just wanted to let you know that I spoke with a backline person about the issue and they were able to reproduce it. They will be opening an etrack as a defect with Engineering so it is on their bug list, but they couldn't give me any definitive answer as to when it might be fixed.

They said that they may end up at least documenting it in a technote so that if the issue is reported again there is documentation. 

Thanks for reporting the issue."

So, it is a real thing, may be fixed later. 

If you are looking at a job detail and the pop up window disapears - it may be another admin deleted a job...