cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lockVM: VixDiskLib_PrepareForAccess

smakovits
Level 6

OK,

So I have this issue here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TECH179346

While my master is running 7.1.0.3 I took my media server to 7.1.0.4 as instructed.  I then applied EEB 2744563, but Still have the issue.  Does anyone know if there is yet another EEB that needs applied on top of all this to correct the lock issue that delays the start of the backups by 10 minutes when it occurs?  Thanks!

The following statement in that article is what makes me think that there is another EEB out there:

Please review issue #3 as it is necessary to upgrade to 7.1.0.4 to obtain a fix for that issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

But were you advised that it's ok to have your media server at a higher version than your master?

Please review issue #3 as it is necessary to upgrade to 7.1.0.4 to obtain a fix for that issue.

I must admit it does seem to indicate there's another fix

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Andy, it's fine to have 7.x.x.X (where X is the minor revision) higher on media than Master.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Just seems contrary to everything we were "taught"/ advised / had hammered home (delete as applicable)

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I know. The rules have now changed, any major release and . release (e.g. 7.0 / 7.1) is not allowed to have the media higher. I believe its same for the 7.x.X but not for 7.x.x.X