cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master server Failed due to Hyper-V snapshot backup

arunkumar_dadi
Level 4

HI I am using netbackup 7.7.1 in windows server 2012 r2

I have one master and two media servers in which master server is a Hyper-V machine.

I have Configured Hyper-V Snapshot backup for all Hyper-V machines in a Physical machine, My master server is also one of the Hyper-V machines in that physical machine. while during the tie of backup master server unavailable for few hours andall of sudden the hyper_v machine which is having master server was restarted meanwhile all of the backup jobs are failed at that particular time. what is the reason for this. Is this a better pratice to install master server in Hyper-V machine and taking backup of that particular master server with the same master server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I dont think its a good idea. Think about the process involved in taking the backup of the hyper-v guest. The master is asking hyper-v host to pause the vm (the master itself) while it (the master itself/some media server) takes a backup of it. Seems a bit weird don't you think?

Take catalog backups and full FS backups of the master instead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I dont think its a good idea. Think about the process involved in taking the backup of the hyper-v guest. The master is asking hyper-v host to pause the vm (the master itself) while it (the master itself/some media server) takes a backup of it. Seems a bit weird don't you think?

Take catalog backups and full FS backups of the master instead.