cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

media load operation failed during backups

Raaavan
Level 5

Dear All,

There are so many media  load operation failed during backups I need to rasie the same with  library vedor

Is there any way to find out how many time a single drive rejected media loading

below is the error display's in Job view tab

04/19/2013 23:44:19 - Error bptm (pid=8300) error requesting media, TpErrno = Robot operation failed
04/19/2013 23:45:39 - Warning bptm (pid=8300) media id 280479 load operation reported an error
04/19/2013 23:46:10 - current media 280479 complete, requesting next media Any

I am using below customized command to find tape alerts

bperror -tape | grep -i 'tapealert' | cut -f4 -d',' | cut -d ' ' -f 4 | egrep -i 'Drive006|Drive016|Drive004|Drive017|Drive005|Drive018|Drive003|Drive019' | sort -nr

which is giving how many times alert came for perticular drive

Can any budy suggest any optimized way to find out above issue.

NBU version - 7.5.0.4 / Solaris

Tape library hosted on diffrent media server.

Thnaks

4 REPLIES 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You could use robtest to manually load a tape into each drive.

If you look in the job details (Activity Monitor) you should see which drive it was trying to use.

You could also look in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/errors file, that should show how many times the drive had an issue.

Martin

Raaavan
Level 5

thanks.a lot..!!!

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you post up the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/error files from all the media servers (it is on each media server) I will run it through a script to analyze it for you.

I can only do this tomorrow as my test server is currently unplugged from the network andI cannot get to it until I am in the office.

Martin

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I have previous used to grep for the word unmountable in the bptm log on the media servers. The layout of the bptm may have changed since I was in operation department - But give it a try !