cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbdeployutil for NBU 8.1 running on windows

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Recently I did upgrade few windows based NBU master servers to NBU version 8.1. As usual on beginning of a month I was gathering FETB licesning information - and I was not surprised that the automation I made failed for these servers - still need to figure out how to solve this credential issues. So I logged locally to a NBU server running version 8.1 and ran:

C:\>nbdeployutil --gather
NetBackup Deployment Utility, version 8.1
Gathering license deployment information...
Discovered master server mastersrv.domainname.com

Enter credentials for Master Server(s):

Master Server:mastersrv.domainname.com
Domain Type (NIS, NISPLUS, WINDOWS, vx, unixpwd, ldap):windows
Domain Name :domainname
User Name :username
Password :

Ensure that the correct credentials are entered or the prerequisite steps for the remote master server are completed.
Rerun nbdeployutil with the gather option on master server mastersrv.domainname.com
Failed gathering for mastersrv.domainname.com, E:\Program Files\Veritas\netbackup\var\global\reports\20180508_134806_mastersrv.domainname.com
Gather DONE
Execution time: 12 secs

Unable to gather information for the following masters:
mastersrv.domainname.com in directory E:\Program Files\Veritas\netbackup\var\global\reports\20180508_134806_mastersrv.domainname.com

I was trying to enter different user names, domains - like short, fqdn but all the time this is failing, domain types etc... On NBU appliances I managed to solve that out by creating CLI user - but what to do on wintel server? I opened a case with VRTS but still awaiting contacting me.

NBU services are running on certain user ID - I also tried that one (that user ID is local admin of this box - it appears in output from net localgroup administrators)

I am attaching above log for review.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

FYI - solution to this issu is here:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/24437881-126559615-0/v120721311-126559615

NBU will never stop surprising me - on windows its case sensitive ;) in the Domain Type section....

here is excerpt from above TN which did the trick:

OptionDescription

Domain Type

Enter a domain type value from NIS, NISPLUS, WINDOWS, vx, unixpwd, ldap. This value is case-sensitive.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

FYI - solution to this issu is here:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/24437881-126559615-0/v120721311-126559615

NBU will never stop surprising me - on windows its case sensitive ;) in the Domain Type section....

here is excerpt from above TN which did the trick:

OptionDescription

Domain Type

Enter a domain type value from NIS, NISPLUS, WINDOWS, vx, unixpwd, ldap. This value is case-sensitive.