Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbu 7.5---email notoficastion

shashi0621
Level 5

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH64984

Hi All,

i am following above link for email notification.

i have  configured  in the universal settings: master server to Server sends mail and the client to Server sends mail. I amreceiving the email .all is good as client and server settings are same.

Now i want to send a mail from the client side.I now have to change " clients Universal Settings" to client send mail.but my master server setting will be server sends mail.

so what i have to do for those clients where i have to send using clients send mail.

I cant change in master servers universal setting to client sends mail as it will affect all clients.

so my question is : if i need to send a mail for a single client  using client sends mail  (client--universal settings--client sends mail)  but the configuration in the environment is server sends mail ( both on master server and clients universal setting)..what i have to do here?

IF i set client sends mail for that particular client than it will be server/clients sends mail mismatch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The way  read the TN is that you can config Universal settings for one client.

Config email notification on the client's host properties as follows:

· Universal Settings

o Server sends mail
Add the Client administrator's e-mail in the text box.

Please try it.
What do you have to lose? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

Have you had a look at 'TABLE OF EFFECTS' in the TN?

It seems self-explanatory.

Herewith the new Veritas URL:

DOCUMENTATION: Email Notifications Settings and Their Behaviors
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000035984 

It seems your choices are one of these two that I have highlighted in the attachment.

shashi0621
Level 5

Thanks Marianne.I have read this table of content and understood.

But my query is for a single client.

So as per the rule i.e  Client sends mail and Server sends mail indicate whether the client that's being backed up will send the e-mail or the master server will. It's important to ensure that clients and server have same settings.

So can i assume that either i have to go with server sends mail in the entire environment or with the client sends mail in the entire environment for ALL the clients (both client and server universal setttings)? i cant put exceptions for a single client.Am i correct?

shashi0621
Level 5

hi all,

Any update on this?

Thanks Marianne.I have read this table of content and understood.

But my query is for a single client.

So as per the rule i.e  Client sends mail and Server sends mail indicate whether the client that's being backed up will send the e-mail or the master server will. It's important to ensure that clients and server have same settings.

So can i assume that either i have to go with server sends mail in the entire environment or with the client sends mail in the entire environment for ALL the clients (both client and server universal setttings)? i cant put exceptions for a single client.Am i correct?

Marianne
Level 6

The way  read the TN is that you can config Universal settings for one client.

Config email notification on the client's host properties as follows:

· Universal Settings

o Server sends mail
Add the Client administrator's e-mail in the text box.

Please try it.
What do you have to lose?