cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need some help to decrypt licensing

programmeheure
Level 3

dear all,
i need some help to decrypt some incomprehensible (cabbalistic) NBU's  licence name.  :\
i've to make an inventory to take the right licences and i don't understand the half of NBU licence names.

i'have the following type of licences

VRTS NETBACKUP OPTION LIBRARY BASED TAPE DRIVE 6.5 XPLAT STD LIC REWARDS BAND C
VRTS NETBACKUP CLIENT APPLICATION AND DATABASE PACK 6.5 WIN TIER 1 STD LIC
VRTS NETBACKUP CLIENT APPLICATION AND DATABASE PACK 6.5 WIN TIER 2 STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S
VRTS NETBACKUP ENTERPRISE CLIENT 6.5 UNX TIER 1 STD LIC
VRTS NETBACKUP ENTERPRISE CLIENT 6.5 WIN TIER 1 STD LIC
VRTS NETBACKUP ENTERPRISE CLIENT 6.5 WIN TIER 2 BASIC 12 MONTHS EXPRESS BAND S
VRTS NETBACKUP ENTERPRISE CLIENT 6.5 WIN TIER 2 STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S
VRTS NETBACKUP OPTION LIBRARY BASED TAPE DRIVE 6.5 XPLAT STD LIC
VRTS NETBACKUP OPTION NDMP OPTION 6.5 XPLAT TIER 2 BASIC 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND C
VRTS NETBACKUP OPTION NDMP OPTION 6.5 XPLAT TIER 2 STD LIC REWARDS BAND C
VRTS NETBACKUP OPTION SHARED STORAGE OPTION FOR TAPE 6.5 XPLAT BASIC 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND C
VRTS NETBACKUP OPTION SHARED STORAGE OPTION FOR TAPE 6.5 XPLAT STD LIC
VRTS NETBACKUP OPTION SHARED STORAGE OPTION FOR TAPE 6.5 XPLAT STD LIC REWARDS BAND C
VRTS NETBACKUP SERVER ENTERPRISE SERVER 6.5 UNX TIER 2 STD LIC
VRTS NETBACKUP SERVER ENTERPRISE SERVER 6.5 WIN TIER 2 STD LIC
VRTS NETBACKUP STANDARD CLIENT 6.5 XPLAT BASIC 12 MONTHS EXPRESS BAND S
VRTS NETBACKUP STANDARD CLIENT 6.5 XPLAT BASIC 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND C
VRTS NETBACKUP STANDARD CLIENT 6.5 XPLAT STD LIC
VRTS NETBACKUP STANDARD CLIENT 6.5 XPLAT STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S
VRTS NETBACKUP STANDARD CLIENT 6.5 XPLAT STD LIC REWARDS BAND C

i've put in green the entreprise licences, in blue the NDMP licences, I red the licences on tape, and in pink licences on the sahring of tapes.

and i don't understand :
- what's mean XPLAT?
- what's mean TIER?
- the différrence between EXpress BAND S and REWARDS BAND C? (all my tapes are the same (LTO3)

and could i use Entreprise client 6.5 Win on an ESX where i have half windows virtual machine and half linux VM?

1 REPLY 1

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

XPLAT - cross-platform

TIER - a methodology Symantec use to determine pricing etc for licences dependant upon hardware type, number of processors etc etc etc

EXPRESS - Symantec Express Program is for small to mid-sized companies that need an easy way to purchase license quantities— without the complexity of contracts. Each band represents a discount range applied to the total amount of each purchase:
http://www.symantec.com/business/products/licensing/programs/programs.jsp?programid=express

REWARDS - Symantec Rewards Program is for mid-sized to large organizations and affiliates that need streamlined procurement, volume-purchasing incentives, predictable pricing, and de-centralized purchasing. Each band represents a discount range applied to new purchases:
http://www.symantec.com/business/products/licensing/programs/programs.jsp?programid=rewards