Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup - Status 96

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi

let me give a brief summary, 

On my network i have two robot library configured on the master server.

One is to be used to store the backup of all the servers with a FULL BACKUP POLICY while the other robot library is to store all the Incremental backups.

but we have just be using just one of the library. 

for status 96, post output of 'available_media' as well as output of one the policies failing with 96, e.g. 'bppllist INFOPOOL_3 -U'

i have also attached the output for the following above.

Title updated by MvdB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I was trying to explain the reason for status 96:

Your Full backups are going to Robot 1 and pool INFOPOOL_FULL.

Residence:       abp-dc1-ebkup-hcart-robot-tld-1
    Volume Pool:     INFOPOOL_FULL

You don't have any available tapes in this pool in robot 1 and nothing in Scratch either.

You have a number of available tapes in NetBackup pool. If you move them to Scratch it will greatly reduce status 96's.

Enough spare tapes in Scratch pool in both robots wil eliminate status 96.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Marianne
Level 6

Your Monthly and Weekly backups require media from INFOPOOL_FULL pool.

As you can see, the only tape in this pool is FROZEN and is not in the robot. This would explain status 96.

INFOPOOL_FULL pool

A00002  HCART    NONE     -       -      -       3     0        FROZEN

You need to add tapes to this pool or add tapes to your Scratch Pool. Else, unfreeze this tape, put it in Robot 1 and see what happens if you run another FULL backup. Ensure you have bptm log on your media server to troubleshoot media errors.

You have a Scratch Pool but there are no tapes in this pool and you don't have any spare tapes in any of your existing pools.

Suggestion: Put more tapes in Robot 1 and add them to the Scratch pool. Or move the AVAILABLE media in NetBackup pool to Scratch. This should greatly reduce status 96's.

PS: Please delete this schedule: bootmgr.exe.mui.lnk

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

ok i would delete bootmgr.exe.mui.Ink.

Let me explain what i intend to achieve.

For example i have a policy INFOPOOL_3 in that policy i have 2 clients and also because i don't have enough space on my robot library, that was while i had to introduce a second robotic library.

So i want all my FULL BACKUP(Monthly and Weekly) to go to one of the robotic library, then all my Incremental backups should go to the second library.

So because i am yet to get new tapes for the FULL BACKUP robot library, i have not yet started using it.

While you see FROZEN on those tapes are because, those are old tapes that were inserted in the library for us to clean and re-use them, but it could not be erased. so i requested for new tapes.

So do you think i can achieve these with no errors at all.

I mean can i actually direct my FULL BACKUPS to a different robot library then also my INCREMENTAL BACKUPS to another separate robot library all under the same policy

Marianne
Level 6

I was trying to explain the reason for status 96:

Your Full backups are going to Robot 1 and pool INFOPOOL_FULL.

Residence:       abp-dc1-ebkup-hcart-robot-tld-1
    Volume Pool:     INFOPOOL_FULL

You don't have any available tapes in this pool in robot 1 and nothing in Scratch either.

You have a number of available tapes in NetBackup pool. If you move them to Scratch it will greatly reduce status 96's.

Enough spare tapes in Scratch pool in both robots wil eliminate status 96.

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

i am noticing an unusual trend in your media id generation and the barcode rule. for example the NETBACKUP POOL has some funny ID. can you please paste your current MEDIA ID rule because it might be part of your issues.

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I would like to close this comment and start a new comment on this same issue error status 96 with some more details.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Can't you just add the details to this thread?

Marianne
Level 6

I agree with Andy - just give us more details in this thread.

The whole idea with forum discussions is to find a SOLUTION. A thread will only be closed if it is SOLVED, or unsolved and not updated for at least 6 months...

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i have given more details in the new thread, but if you insist we continue with this, then we go ahead with this thread.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

it just seemed logical to include all relevant information relating to one particular issue on one thread as opposed to keeping two going dealing with the same thing, often repeating requests or information.

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hello,

i have not hard this error for some time now after loading more tapes in both the scratch pool and the volume  pools.

I will keep you posted on this, when i check it again today and tomorrow.

Thx

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This error is solved, basically i had to add more tapes to my volume pools...