cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup patch download?

sshagent
Level 4
I'm looking to get the mp6 patch for nb v6.  However the DOWNLOAD link on the technote about the patch doesn't come up with the goods...jsut a file not found.  I've tried trimming the url a little to try and explore and find the file.

even tried looking on ftp.veritas.com and no luck as in the directories your blind and can't see what there is.

Can anyone shed any light on where i might find this download? 

thanks for your time.
19 REPLIES 19

Stumpr2
Level 6
Maintenance Pack NB_DMP_60_6_M.rs6000.tar provides updates and fixes for Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 NDMP Agent on AIX platforms.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Maintenance Pack NB_DMP_60_6_M.solaris.tar provides updates and fixes for Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 NDMP Agent on Solaris platforms.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Maintenance Pack NB_60_6_M.winnt.x64.exe provides fixes to the Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 on Windows XP/2003 X64 server and clients. It also contains fixes for NetBackup Add-on products and Database Agents.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Maintenance Pack NB_60_6_M.winnt.intel.exe provides fixes to the Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 on NT/2000/2003/XP Professional server and clients. It also contains fixes for NetBackup Add-on products and Database Agents

Stumpr2
Level 6
Maintenance Pack NB_60_6_M.winnt.IA64.exe provides fixes to the Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 on Windows XP/2003 64 bit Clients and Servers

Stumpr2
Level 6
Maintenance Pack NB_60_6_M.solaris.tar provides fixes for Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 on Solaris servers. NetBackup UNIX Add-on products, Database Agents and Java GUI have separate Maintenance Packs.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Maintenance Pack NB_60_6_M.rs6000.tar provides fixes for Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 on AIX servers. NetBackup UNIX Add-on products, Database Agents and Java GUI have separate Maintenance Packs.http://support.veritas.com/docs/300472

Stumpr2
Level 6
Maintenance Pack NB_60_6_M.linux.tar provides fixes for Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 on Linux servers. NetBackup UNIX Add-on products, Database Agents and Java GUI have separate Maintenance Packs.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Maintenance Pack NB_60_6_M.linux64.tar provides fixes for Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 on 64bit Linux servers. NetBackup UNIX Add-on products, Database Agents and Java GUI have separate Maintenance Packs.

Stumpr2
Level 6
PANT...PANT...PANT

oh my gosh there are 14 more to go :)

it would be a lot easier if you stated the platforms you need.

sshagent
Level 4
humble apologies bob( think its bob for some reason....maybe going crazy ).

its the linux one i need ( non-64bit ).

I get "File not found."

for it :\

I managed to get the other bits i need tis just that one. 

Stumpr2
Level 6
OK, try this one

Maintenance Pack NB_60_6_M.linux.tar provides fixes for Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 on Linux servers. NetBackup UNIX Add-on products, Database Agents and Java GUI have separate Maintenance Packs.

sshagent
Level 4
yeah i think that is the one i was trying.  I tried it anyway...

end up at (via the i agree bit)....

http://download1.veritas.com/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/NB_60_6_M.linux_300470.tar

which then gave "File not found."

Cheers for your time & helpfulness thus far.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Oh...I see now.
Sorry for being so dense.

I'll see if I can have the moderators pass this on to someone from symantec.

sshagent
Level 4
Excellent...thanks.

You weren't being dense...you were being helpful.  I should have probably mentioned Linux in the first post which would save some time.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I'm getting "File Not Found" errors, too.  I think it's in flux at the moment - about half of the MP6 packs don't look to be showing up in the list yet, either.

The direct link for the pack you're looking for appears to be here: NB_60_6_M.linux_300470.tar

Hope this helps!

sshagent
Level 4
thanks.  that link worked.

patching time!

Stumpr2
Level 6

CRZ wrote:
Hope this helps!

Chris,
Why the new login ID? Welcome!