cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup version 7.5 linux

shashi0621
Level 5

Hi All,

1.how i can increase the priority of a queued duplicate SLP job?  is it using  nbstlutil -modify version ?

2.up gradation from 6.5.0.4 to 7.1 and then to 7.1.0.4.Now can we go back to 7.1? if yes what are the steps?

3. bpdbm issues are logged under which logs?

4..For DR, ip should be same or it can be different?

5. in case of unix, when we do upgrade from 6.x to 7.x,we need to remove the package..but why not in case of windows?

NBU 7.5

Linux OS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

1.how i can increase the priority of a queued duplicate SLP job?  is it using  nbstlutil -modify version ?

Have a look at: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH170086

2.up gradation from 6.5.0.4 to 7.1 and then to 7.1.0.4.Now can we go back to 7.1? if yes what are the steps?

Upgrade what? The Master server? If you want to go back AFTER backups have been running for a time, then you would need to ensure you have a catalog backup and reinstall 7.1 then catalog restore.

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpdbm/ for unix/linux

%install_path%\veritas\netbackup\logs\bpdbm\ for Windows.

Note however, that if you increase the log levels for bpdbm you have to restart NetBackup for those new log levels to take affect.

IP can be different. The hostname MUST match the production server hostname exactly.

5. in case of unix, when we do upgrade from 6.x to 7.x,we need to remove the package..but why not in case of windows?

Installers are different on different Operating Systems - this is not NetBackup specific.

See the NetBackup Installation Guides about specific installing options.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Upgrade what? The Master server? If you want to go back AFTER backups have been running for a time, then you would need to ensure you have a catalog backup and reinstall 7.1 then catalog restore.

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpdbm/ for unix/linux

%install_path%\veritas\netbackup\logs\bpdbm\ for Windows.

Note however, that if you increase the log levels for bpdbm you have to restart NetBackup for those new log levels to take affect.

IP can be different. The hostname MUST match the production server hostname exactly.

Installers are different on different Operating Systems - this is not NetBackup specific.

See the NetBackup Installation Guides about specific installing options.

shashi0621
Level 5

Thanks Sir.

I have checked it but unable to find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Master server upgrade. i have upgraded to 7.1.0.4 but  services not running as yet.So can i go back to 7.1? if yes,what are the steps?

-------------------------------------

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Why would you go back from 7.1.0.4? Don't bother going back, you need to go forward, I would get to 7.6.1.2 or even better, 7.7.1

As for SLP priority - I don;t know of a way of changing it - if its not in the document you cant do it.

Modify is for changing the SLP

shashi0621
Level 5

there is some client requirement for this.Thats why asking.Pllease help me on this.

can anybody help for the slp issue?

I need to increase the priority of a queue slp job

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why are you asking about upgrade from 6.5 to 7.1 if you are already on 7.5?

Are these questions for exam or interview preparation?

Have you tried to find answers in NBU docs?
Hint:
NBU Admin Guide I
NBU Troubleshooting Guide
NBU Installation Guide

Links to docs for all supported NBU versions can be found in 'Handy NBU Links' in my signature.

You can also Google for 'Best practice for SLP and AIR' and 'SLP cheat sheet'.

If you are in an environment where you need to support customers, you need to know where to find answers.... 
We are happy to assist with real issues.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Those look like typical exam type questions.

nbstl -modify can be used to change the duplication priority, but this will have no effect of jobs all ready queued, only for new jobs - so I'd say that it cannot be done whilst it is in the queued state.

Why on earth would you upgrade and then want to go back without starting the services.  I could understand if you upgraded, started the services and there were some issues.  Either way, it's a . release so you could just uninstall the patches applied.  From 7.1 > 7.1.0.4 should just be a bunch of EEBs, so in theory, you could just remove the update.  If an upgrade involved an upgrade to the NBDB tables you cannot roll back.