cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query

Baazee
Level 3
Hi All,

If we have taken backup from a particular media server . Suppose that media server has gone down. And now we want to recover same backup from another media server , is it possible ? if it is possible then pls tell me command. And specific changes.

Thanx & Regard
Jitendra
3 REPLIES 3

Sreekanth_Adari
Level 4
Hi Baazee,

We can do it , I had never did it but for  servers belong to Unix family , by specifying "FAILOVER_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER <old_media_server> <new_media_server>" in bp.conf file we can restore data from different media server .

hope this helps you
-Sreekanth

Baazee
Level 3
thanks 4 reply , can you give me explanation with example.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
You didn't specify your specific O/S version and patch level, nor did you supply your NetBackup version and patch level.  I am unable to direct you to the correct manual, nor the correct page number.

Try locating and downloading the Sys Admin Guide Volume One (Vol 1) for your specific O/S and NBU version, and then use the PDF search options to find either ot these:
 force_restore_media_server
failover_restore_media_server

You need to read up about both, as they are slightly different.

If you are using Windows and NBU v6.0, details of both of the above can be found on page 538 of the NetBackup v6.0 - Sys Admin Guide Volume 1 (Windows), which can be found here:

P.S. The following links provide further links to all the manuals:

NetBackup v6.0 – Upgrade Guide Version “D”
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285590.htm