cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reorder dup jobs and restores

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.6.0.3

well, i have to suspend all secondary operations for my SLPs to give way to a restore job so that they won't fight over a few tape drives. now that restore is over, i have so many dups jobs in queue.

is there way to find which dup jobs relates to my monthly backup and can i reorder the dup jobs so that my monthly will go in first?

4 REPLIES 4

Tousif
Level 6

Hi,

Q: is there way to find which dup jobs relate to my monthly backup?

Ans: You can find which images have duplicated by open the job window. It will show the backup id.

You can use the bpimagelist -backupid <backupid> -L to find out the policy detail

I don't think there is any direct command to show all info you looking for.

Q: can i reorder the dup jobs so that my monthly will go in first?

Ans: SLP use own query to select the image to create batch. The one duplication job has multiple Images. It could be monthly, weekly or daily if all backups belong to same SLP.

There is only way to re-order, suspend all other SLP and resume only SLP have high priority. In this way the SLP will create batch for enable SLP only. The admin do not have more control to re-order the SLP duplication jobs.

Thanks & Regards

hi,

so i guess i'm at the mercy of NBU. just have to wait for duplication jobs to finish.

thanks.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No. As per previous post:

There is only way to re-order, suspend all other SLP and resume only SLP have high priority.

Have you downloaded the SLP Best Practice Guide as I have suggested a couple f weeks ago?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Best practices for using Storage Lifecycle Policies and Auto Image Replication in NetBackup 7.6
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000018455

"When using Storage Lifecycle Policies and Auto Image Replication it is important to ensure that the environment is correctly sized and tuned for the planned workload.

The attached document discusses various aspects of SLP and Auto Image Replication operation with NetBackup 7.6 and provides information on how to optimize operations and handle various operational scenarios."