cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I remove Drives before upgrade to NBU 6.5?

ross1234
Level 2

I am going to do an upgrade from NBU 6.0 MP7 to NBU 6.5, there are some discrepancies when I run "tpautoconf -report_disc".  I would like to clear these discrepancies up and I thought "How about deleting all the drives before an upgrade, then after the upgrade, run the configuration wizard and add them back in."  Would this affect the storage units and/or the storage unit groups? Is there a best practice way to clear up the discrepancies?

I have an ACS library, a SDLT and an LTO library, and a master and 4 media servers (all HP-UX).

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Can you account for the discrepancies?

e.g. replaced drive (shows new device and old one?), NDMP drive (&/or robot I can't remember) paths not 'recognised'.

We used to get the former example on our 5.1 master & just ran tpautoconf -replace_drive <drive name> -path <drive path>. With the latter example there was nothing we could do but upgrade went ok (& we don't even get the NDMP issue now!).

ross1234
Level 2
The entries in the report are titled "Missing Device (Drive)" and there are not any matching entries to do a replace_drive.  When we replaced drives before, we did not use tthe replace_drive option.  Lesson learned a little late, now just trying to clean up the database.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

removing the drives will work pretty well, also you can fix the drives under 6.0 and migrate to 6.5 with everything been fix, either way the best thing to do before you migrate is ensure that your system is healthy in all the ways.

good luck.