Did you mean: 

vCenter Plug-In for NBU V8

SYM-AJ
Level 5

WIndows Servers @ 2012R2

NBU @ 8

vSphere @ 5.5

vCenter is runing as an appliance

I am running NBU V8 in a test environment and so far have done the following successfully:

Install 1 x Master Server on W2K12R2 VM - Server A

Install 1 x Master Server on W2K12R2 VM - server B

Deploy 1 x Virtual Appliance - 2TB on vSphere 5.5

All the above work OK and replicate around the various master servers as required.

I have now installed the vCenter Web Client Plug-in into the vCEnter 5.5 environment.  After a little playing around I have got this working and can now monitor the backups from within the vCenter Web Client console.

The next step is to get the Recovery / Instant Recovery working.  I have generated and installed the Master Server certificates and both the Master Servers are showing up and validating within the vCenter Web client.  However - when I try and select a client for restore (regular or instant) I cannot locate any clients.  I select the vCenter Server from the dropdown, select the master server from the dropdown then enter (either partially or fully) the client name and press search.  I get the error "NO ENTITY WAS FOUND EC:227".

What am I missing here.........

AJ.

8 REPLIES 8

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Have you seen this from @GFK which might have some tips on proving the process from NetBackup side first, before then debugging why vCenter has a problem initiating IRV.

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Articles/NetBackup-7-6-Blueprints-IRV/ta-p/808861

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

One more quick question... Are you typing the correct client name as the client name is case sensitive and should be same as in backup

I have tried all of the combinations (Upper Case / Lower Case / exact match to client as specified in backup job) - same result each time.  From the documentation it looks to me like you should be able to type in the starting letters of the client name and press search and it will return a list ?  i.e. if client name is NBU8-Ops-Center then I should be able to type in NBU and press search.  Is this correct ?

This is NBU 7.6 related and many changes in the NBU V8 plugin.  Now GUI driven from vCenter.

Thanks,

AJ

This link doesn't appear to help me out - thanks anyhow for the input.

AJ

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Disclaimer:

I have not yet seen NBU 8, let alone the Web Client plugin.

All I have is the manual that I have downloaded.

As per per the screenshots on page 49, can you see a list of successfully backed up VMs in Monitor ->  Veritas NetBackup tab?

Marianne,

The monitoring is working fine, it's just when I try and perform either a Restore or an IVR.

However, as I was taking these screen-shots I tried the restore again - and hey-presto it works !!  A little worrying...  The only difference I am aware of is that I ran the Chrome Browser 'AS ADMINISTRATOR' when launching before selecting the vCenter Web Console.  I will try again without doing this and monitor results.

A couple af sceen-shots attached to show monitoring screens and also the restore top-level screen.

AJ