cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customised tabular daily backup report with colours

Dan_Rogers1
Level 2

Hi there,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a report (daily in this case) that is tabular in nature that displays parent jobs only? I don't want to see the pages of sub jobs/streams that kick off. If there's a failure then I'll go investigate otherwise lets just K.I.S.S.!

Also I would like to (for the benefit of management) highlight the successes/failures in green/red. Is this possible?

We are running a new implemenation of NetBackup 7.1 with OpsCenter.

Thanks very much!

-Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonCaplinger
Level 6

I've never messed with custom SQL reports, but none of the default, built-in reports in OpsCenter Analytics let you decide the color for the output.  I also was unable to create a custom report that didn't include the child job processes. 

If you only want a pretty graph of successful/unsuccessful jobs by percentages, I have a custom report I created for that.  If you want to try it, I can send you those settings.

I think your best bet for a report like you are asking would be to create a script to use the output from "bpdbjobs -gdm", use column 6 (schedule name) to filter out everything except lines with "-" in that field, and create your report based on that output.  You would need to find software that can take input from a file and create the graph from the command line and send it via email.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RonCaplinger
Level 6

I've never messed with custom SQL reports, but none of the default, built-in reports in OpsCenter Analytics let you decide the color for the output.  I also was unable to create a custom report that didn't include the child job processes. 

If you only want a pretty graph of successful/unsuccessful jobs by percentages, I have a custom report I created for that.  If you want to try it, I can send you those settings.

I think your best bet for a report like you are asking would be to create a script to use the output from "bpdbjobs -gdm", use column 6 (schedule name) to filter out everything except lines with "-" in that field, and create your report based on that output.  You would need to find software that can take input from a file and create the graph from the command line and send it via email.

Dan_Rogers1
Level 2

Hi Ron,

Thanks for replying I will check that out. Percentages aren't what I'm after at the moment but thanks very much anyway :)

Take care,

-Dan