cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing SF for windows 5.1 nonpaged pool memory depletes rapidly

wesbalt
Level 2
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has seen the same issue:

1. nonpaged pool memory depletes in 12 - 18 hours, shares go offline after this happens
2. SF for windows 5.1 slipstreaned SP1 installed on Windows 2008 SP2 X64 4gig memory
3. I'm only using this to concatenate larger drives into 1, on Promise VMF500 storage arrays
4. Event 2019 is thrown
5. this wasn't an issue prior to installing SF for windows

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to try them.

I've tried poolmon and a manual memory dump, but once the NPmemory is depleted, the keyboard locks, and nothing is captured.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee
Hi wesbalt,

I have seen many servers that were close to nonpaged pool exhastion not report anything until another software product is installed that pushes it over the edge.  You have not mentioned much about the options that you installed when you installed SFW.  I'm going to assume that you are using the default options and not any other options. 

The first thing that I would recommend is to uninstall the VxCache option with SFW.  This will use nonpaged pool memory even when not configured and it will use a lot of it when it is configured.

From there I would recommend that you configured the server to take a manual Kernel dump.  Then when the issue happens manually force a memory dump and have Microsoft take a look at it.  They should be able to point you in the correct direction for who they see using all of the nonpaged pool memory.

If you still need help troubleshooting this issue please open a case with Symantec Technical Support.

Thanks,
Wally

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee
Hi wesbalt,

I have seen many servers that were close to nonpaged pool exhastion not report anything until another software product is installed that pushes it over the edge.  You have not mentioned much about the options that you installed when you installed SFW.  I'm going to assume that you are using the default options and not any other options. 

The first thing that I would recommend is to uninstall the VxCache option with SFW.  This will use nonpaged pool memory even when not configured and it will use a lot of it when it is configured.

From there I would recommend that you configured the server to take a manual Kernel dump.  Then when the issue happens manually force a memory dump and have Microsoft take a look at it.  They should be able to point you in the correct direction for who they see using all of the nonpaged pool memory.

If you still need help troubleshooting this issue please open a case with Symantec Technical Support.

Thanks,
Wally