cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Group is not importing automatically after restart (in WIndows2003)

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I have Windows2003 Server.
I have Storage Foundation 5.1 installed and have one Disk Group which has 1 hard disk drive. When i restart the Win2003 PC the Disk Group is not being able to import automatically. i have to import it after restart the PC in windows. How can the DIsk Group import automatically after restart even i will not want to login my PC.

Thanks in Advance
Zahid Haseeb

23 REPLIES 23

Zahid_Haseeb
thanks for your kind support.
i have a PDF which came to my media of SFW 5.1 but i have not found any installation procedure so my services can be added. i dont know why the document is not telling the installation procedure. can i send you the PDF???

thanks
Zahid

Zahid_Haseeb
i think i have to/might be add something DMP ASL libraries???

Zahid_Haseeb
1st of all SrikanthGubbala thanks alot for your kind help

Problem is resolved.

i have not found any Veritas DG Delayed Import Service. if you want to view the Veritas DG Delayed Import Service in the administration tools-->services in win2003 so you should have windows2003 R2 with iscsi initiator 2.08.

i just installed win2003R2 with iscsi 2.08 and ran the command vxdg -g DGname latestart on ( http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273694.htm ) and the problem is resolved.

thanks
zahid haseeb

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
i was indeed very happy to hear your solution... hear we blog to express ourself.. i feel vey happy as if i got the solution.. good...
 keeep posting.