cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I adjust the time?

mhab11
Level 5

I am sure this is a simple one but I cannot figure out how to get my VEA time to match the system clock.

5 REPLIES 5

Curt_Vandetta
Level 2

If I remember VEA correctly, it's a JAVA applet that runs on a remote system and displays back to your local system.  I'm guessing that the clocks are different on the remote system and the local system.  VEA will be showing you the time on the remote system.  If in your case, the remote system and the local system are the same, then you might need to restart the Veritas Enterprise Administrator Service, here is a technote that explains what I'm refering to.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH164978&profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fs...

But, if it's just the clock object that is not displaying correctly, I would not restart Veritas Enterprise Administrator Service, it's a big hammer for a little nail.

Before you restart services check the time on the remote system and possibly any timezone variables that could be different on the remote machine and your local system.

Thanks,

Curt

Curt_Vandetta
Level 2

I believe that VEA is a JAVA applet that runs on a remote server and displays back to your local system.  In that case, it's showing you the time on the remote system.  So, I guess you need to figure out which machine has the correct time, and adjust the time on the other one.  I'm guessing the remote system is a flavor of UNIX, you need to open a shell on the UNIX machine as root and run the command 'time' this will display the time, if you run 'time todays_date_and_time' it sets the time.

Thanks,

Curt

mhab11
Level 5

No Unix, I am running 2 windows 2008r2 with VCS fail-over between them. My main reason for the time is when I am trouble shooting, VEA or VCS, I have to guess what time something really happened when I am looking at the logs as they do not match the system time.

The Min match, it is only the hours that is out of sync. I would think that like Windows itself there is a place to set the timezone, I would guess that is the problem.

TonyGriffiths
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

Yyou mention that you are using two windows systems that are part of a cluster.

- Where is VEA being executed ? On one of the cluster nodes or on a third system  ?

- Are all the cluster nodes (and system where VEA is executed) in time sync ?

- Do all the nodes have the same timezone ?

cheers

tony

mhab11
Level 5

VEA is being executed from whichever node the cluster is currently on. No thrid system.

All of the nodes have the same Windows time and the same Veritas time. The Minutes for Windows and Veritas match, it is only the hours that are different.

All machines are set to the same time zone.