cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFHA 5.0 MP2 Linux_x86_64 trialware excluded SFRAC

YF_Hui
Level 2
The tarball I downloaded "sf_ha.dvd1.5.0.20.0.redhatlinux.tar.gz" from SYMC does contain SF,SFHA,SFbasic,CFS,CFSHA,SFORACLE,SFORACLEHA,SFDB2 and the new SFCFSRAC but excluded the SFRAC (SF for oracle rac).

I already obtained a demo key for SFRAC 5.0 but the MP2 tarball available for download doesn't contain it. Is it still possible to download the SF HA 5.0 tarball?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi,

Where did you download from. That file name looks like the mp2 patch.

You can get the installation media here http://www.symantec.com/business/products/overview.jsp?pcid=2245&pvid=145_1#

Click on trialware and download the dvd. Its about 1.6GB

Storage Foundation and HA Solutions, RHEL4 / OEL4, v5.0 Part 1
Storage Foundation and HA Solutions, RHEL4 / OEL4, v5.0 Part 2
Storage Foundation and HA Solutions, RHEL4 / OEL4, v5.0 Part 3
Storage Foundation and HA Solutions, RHEL4 / OEL4, v5.0 Part 4

Riaan

YF_Hui
Level 2
Hi Riaan,

Yes, that's the one I exactly obtained from trialware button clicked from SFRAC 5.0 product page and the 4 gzip parts (part 1 - 4) combined to the file I mentioned.

It is actually SFHA 5.0 MP2 and now it contains an "installer" script which can perform new installation as well as the usual "installmp" to upgrade intstalled products.

However, it missed the SFRAC as I think because MP2 doesn't patch up SFRAC. The 5.0 MP1 patch does patch up SFRAC 5.0 but that's only a patch (requires SFRAC 5.0 intstalled).

So I think if we can still obtain the SFHA 5.0 (without MP2) from the trialware section and I believe that's the one which has the SFRAC 5.0 software.

Thanks.

YF_Hui
Level 2
I could finally download the SFHA 5.0 software by altering the download URL little bit by downloading the file named "sf_ha.dvd1.5.0.00.0.redhatlinux.tar.gz" by couple of trial and error.

The trialware download page only offers downloading MP2 which doesn't have the SFRAC 5.0 base software. 

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Glad you found it!