cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Storage Exec - API, SDK

Samy_Silva
Not applicable
Hello,

we use in our servers the software Veritas Storage Exec, version 5.2. At this moment, we are upgrading to version 5.3. we use this software to control directories� quota, I mean, to control or read how much disk space is used by each of our customers in their respective directories.
We need to develop some codes to centralize that quota administration using webservices. They will perform actions like: adding quota limits, remove quotas, retrieve quota information, etc on directories.
We have already looked for that information in Veritas� website regarding any API we could use to implement those webservices with this version 5.3 using VBScripts or DotNet(Visual Studio) in our system, but we didn�t find anything.
Could you please provide us any documentation about this subject, or tell us where we can find it?

Looking forward answers
2 REPLIES 2

Jaap_van_Kleef
Level 3
Hi Samy

There are no API to use for StorageExec. However you could use the command line to control most of SE's actions. There are command like SEAlloc and SEReport thast you could use.

They are documented in the manual, or use the /? for online help.

Regards,

Jaap

wasim21k
Level 3
i posted this answer in other post

hi guys,
i know its sound funny but i m working on one project so i can manage quota remotely of any server. i m bit slow (coz of some hardware resources) but as soon as i finish with this project i would like to share with you guys.
and for sure it is possible to do remotely if you can do any thing from command prompt you can run it remotely

just running out of resources but i m trying to make small gui shere you can enter user name and then it will get how much spaced user by user how much allowd and then you would be able to increase it and its all remotely.

<<<<trust me>>>>>