cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VxVM demo license expired

Orly_Tampoco
Level 3
Hi,

Just want to know what happen if vxvm demo license expired on Solaris system. Can I still access or write to filesystems and what happen if you reboot the server if rootdisk is under VxVM rootdg?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Carsten_Hennig
Level 4
Certified
Volumes and file systems still can be accessed. You are not allowed to create new volumes / file systems or change the structure or size of existing volumes / file systems.

If your root file system is under VM control, don't even think about rebooting... :)
In the event of rebooting a machine with expired demo licenses, the only thing to do is entering a new key -- otherwise the machine keeps in down state.

Carsten

Orly_Tampoco
Level 3
You mean If the box panic/rebooted with demo license expired, there's no way you can bring back up the server or recover the box?

Carsten_Hennig
Level 4
Certified
Well, if you don't have a new demo or permanent key, you could boot from CD or net, do the normal "unroot" things (editing /etc/system, /etc/vfstab etc) and bring the machine back up. But you are not able to access any volumes from VM any more.

Carsten

Orly_Tampoco
Level 3
Thanks, really appreciate you help.

Orly_Tampoco
Level 3
In the event of rebooting a server that has expired license, how can I install the new license key? Do i need to boot from cdrom and can I install the new license key from there?

TIA