cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Desktop gives EBAB03F1 error

Redboot
Level 2
 Have deployed BESR 8.x many times on client desktops, but now get an error with new 2010 version.

Installed  on Win 7 Pro and updated fine.
Go to create backup, it wants to include C: and a sys recovery partition, I tell it to only include C:.

Kick off backup of drive and it takes about a half hour and backs up 55GB to external disk.

But, when I try to manually start document backup, I receive an error:
 Snapshot error %1
 Error EBAB03F1. Unspecified error.

Also, when I try to re-run the drive backup, it runs in about 4 seconds and says that it backed up successfully. Wrong!

Any suggestions??
3 REPLIES 3

AJT
Level 6

BESR shouldn't crash when the system partition is not included in the backup, but you should include is because you'll need it for P2V and P2P to dissimilar hardware. Let me know if the backup is successful.

Hope this helps :)

Redboot
Level 2
 OK, I tried the following:
Uninstalled 2010 (and attempted to install 8.5, which you can't on Windows 7 apparently.
Re-formatted the new external drive to NTFS.
Re-installed the software. Ran updates (it needed none).
Ran thru initial wizard setup and allowed all defaults. (Backup C: and Recovery partition to Ext drive F:)
Ran first backup and received an error. (see below*)
I exited program. Re-started and re-ran. It completed backup successfully in 53 minutes; a 65GB recovery point was created.
I then ran the Documents backup and received the error: 
Error e7b70005 running job: My Documents Backup

I re-ran the drive backup and it completed in about 2 minutes successfully.

So it seems the error is only from the "My Documents Backup."

Any suggestions??

** Initial error which never repeated, so I guess I'm not going to worry about it:
-Cannot create the recovery point.
--Error EBAB0013 A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly.  CHECK failed. Computer::CreateImageFile: .\Computer.cpp(1453): guid != Guid() && sequence ! - 0xdfffffff

Redboot
Level 2
Now running this on another client's computer and get the same error.
ONLY when it's trying to run the documents backup; the whole computer backup works fine.

Any ideas?