cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 7.0 Bare-Metal Restore

Michael_Landis
Level 2
Hi,

I’m having some problems with a bare-metal system recovery for a Win 2k3 server. I restored an image using the bare-metal restore option with a licensed version of BESR 7.0. I set the primary partition as active and did not change the MBR. Windows will begin booting to the C: drive but when Windows begins to load the system crashes. Safe mode also crashes and doesn’t give any useful information. I ran a file system check through the bootable CD but it didn’t seem to help.

I migrated from a Dell PowerEdge 2500SC to an HP DL 320 running a SATA RAID. Are there any post-op procedures I need to do to make sure the new server has the correct drivers? I know this type of utility (e.g. Windows installation, BartPE) often has difficulty with RAID drivers.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Most crashes (BSOD) on startup after doing a restore anyware to a different configuration are caused by a missing or mismatched mass storage controller driver.

Were you prompted for any drivers during the restore process?

Our technical support team is well qualified to help with this problem if other forum visitors aren't able to help in resolving your issue.

Thanks.

Michael_Landis
Level 2
I was thinking the same thing -- that the RAID controller drivers weren't detected. However, I was never asked for additional drivers during the install. I still haven't had any luck with getting it to boot. I'm going to try recreating the source LiveState image again just to make sure it's not a fluke.

Thanks for the response.