cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 7.0 and converting 2 restore points for virtual server.

AnthonyB_2
Level 3
   Hi-
I have just started with BESR 7.0 and MS Virtual Server 2005 imaging . I have a Windows 2003 server that has a C: and D: drive.  C: being the OS of course, and D: contains all the user data.

I have my C: backing up 2x daily and my D: backing up seperatly every 4 hours.  Therefore, I have 2 different recovery sets (1 for C, and 1 for D:)

How would I convert those 2 recovery points into a single virtual server?  I have C: converted and working.  But I am not sure how I would load the D: (data) drive into the Virtual world.

2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Backup Exec System Recovery creates a separate recovery point for each volume it is protecting.  In your situation, you will have two recovery points or recovery point sets.  After you have converted each recovery point or recovery point set to virtual format (.VHD in this case), you will end up with two virtual disks.

One virtual disk will represent your C:\ drive, and the other will represent your D:\ drive.  Add each virtual disk to the virutal machine you would like to run them on, starting with the virtual disk corresponding to your C:\ drive.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

AnthonyB_2
Level 3
Thanks Bill -

After a goodnights sleep. I came in with that exact notion..lol  You have just confirmed what I was thinking.