cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8.02 and Endpoint 11.0.2010.25

Jay_Long
Level 3

We're running BESR 8.02 and Endpoint 11.0.2010.25 on our client machines. The BESR clients are managed. When Endpoint is enabled on the machines the backup job will start, and small percentage of data will backup. On machines with a screensaver enabled the machine totally locks up and loses any network access. And on machines without a screensaver the machine may come back to lilfe, but normally requires a reboot to get any network connections.

This happens on machines with XP or Vista installed. If Endpoint is disabled then the backups work fine. I have downloaded the latest builds for both products and this hasn't resolved the issue.

Anyone else have the same issue? Could I be missing a firewall rule on Endpoint?

2 REPLIES 2

aychekay
Level 5
Partner

We only ever tried one install of Endpoint and we removed it the next day. It gave us flashbacks of Norton Internet Security (the consumer product) and seemed entirely too "heavy" to be usable.

Having said that, i'd be delighted to see Symantec work through the kind of problem you are reporting so that hopefully it is a usable product in the near future.

Jay_Long
Level 3

Not holding out much hope with regards to Symantec support. I've been less than impressed by them when I've contacted them regarding a BackupExec 11d issues. They only seem to be online during US working hours.