cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8.5 - PC reboots after login

MFlanagan
Level 2
I created a BESR image from an HP 5750 Desktop. Restored this Image to an HP 6000 SFF Desktop using the option for different hardware, Set Drive for Booting, Restore disk Signature, and restore MBR.

Im using the Recovery CD to do this. The backup and restore are successful but about 10 seconds after I login, the PC reboots itself. I can successfully login in safe mode without it rebooting. In the Bios I changed the sata mode to IDE.

Any clues as to how I can fix this. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is it a driver Issue since I can login in safe mode? I checked the drivers in Device Mgr and fixed the missing ones that the restore CD did not get (nic, sound, video) All the rest are ok. I'm suspecting the SATA drivers but I'm just not sure.

Any clues would be very helpful.

Thanks
Flan
2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

boot the XP machine in Safe Mode. Open system Properties-->Advanced-->Settings under Startup and Recovery and Uncheck the Box "Automatically Restart"

restart.JPG

2  : start Run-->msconfig and Disable all the startup programs ..Click on Services and Check "Hide All Microsoft Services" and click on disable all.

3  : Uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them again.

Let me know how it goes...

MFlanagan
Level 2
Thank You! Disabling the Restart on Error, and disabling  all the items in msconfig fixed it. There must have been something in there that the machine didnt like.

Thanks again!!