cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8.5 - Scheduling

HarleyL
Not applicable
Hi

I have a few questions regarding BESR 8.5.

1. Which work experience kid designed the scheduling interface? Why can you not pick a specified period of scheduling (ie first sunday of the month). How on earth are you meant to schedule monthly backups when all you can pick is a number? Now, I hate to be the one to educate you people on the concept of time and dates but the 4th of September will fall on a different day of the week to the 4th of October. How are you meant to overcome this?

2. Because of the inate ability to schedule on a correct time period I've set the backups to Yearly which to the best of my knowledge will kick off a backup only on the first period of the year that it detects you have no previous backups. Thus I kick off a yearly backup manually and presume I can perform 'forever' incrementals. Or simply put, incrementals until I decide to kick off another yearly. What would cause the system to continually run fine for 2-3 days then decide on its own accord to do another full backup. I have tested numerous options and configurations, but each time a few days of successful incrementals will occur and then out of the blue, full backup again. 3 days != a year.

I look forward to any response.

Harley
0 REPLIES 0