cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8 Connect problems

presrc
Level 3
I am trying to connect two XP Home (workgroup) SP2 systems.  Both systems have BESR 8 installed with all features.  I have temporarily turned both firewalls OFF.  I have listed the remote computer (pentium) on the controlling computer's (athlon) computer list.  When I try to connect pentium to athlon, I get the following error:  "you will not be able to connect to the network unless you enter a valid username and password".  I have entered the username as pentium\administrator and every combination I can think of.  Still the same error.  Please Help!!
3 REPLIES 3

pcworkswv
Not applicable
I also get the same error message of:

"you will not be able to connect to the network unless you enter a valid username and password"

I was able to cancel the login and then push out the remote agent to a Windows 2000 server machine but still can't connect to it because of this error. I've tried to following to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Verified no firewall (hardware or software) was blocking access
2. Tried two domain accounts with domain admin rights with the domain\user syntax
3. Added a local account with admin rights and tried entering servername\localuser as the credentials
4. Connected to the server through the admin share from my workstation to ensure file and print sharing was working with my domain credentials

Any help would be greatly appreciated to get this server conencted to BESR so recovery points can be scheduled.

Thanks,
Nathan

Eduardo_Menegal
Level 2

Same error =(

I'm pretty sure that the credentials are correct!

adjokic
Not applicable

Turn off Simple File Sharing.

In any open folder go to Tools;Folder Options...;View

scroll to the bottom and uncheck "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)"