cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR MC 2010 on w2k8 R2 x64

gate16
Not applicable

Does anybody know if the BESR MC  (Backup Exec System Recovery Manager) version for Windows 2008 r2 64 bits will be soon available? I need it :(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I think you mean BESR MS (Management Solution). The MS is up to now only supportet under W2K3. Support for W2K8 R2 will be added next year with the new version of the BESR MS (thanks to Chris Riley for this information)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I think you mean BESR MS (Management Solution). The MS is up to now only supportet under W2K3. Support for W2K8 R2 will be added next year with the new version of the BESR MS (thanks to Chris Riley for this information)

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

To add what Markus said, BESRM will only manage BESR 8.5 or prior clients. BESR 8.5 will support Windows 2008.

BESR 2010 supports Windows 2008 R2, but BESRM cannot manage BESR 2010 clients, so it is necessary to upgrade to BESR MS. BESR MS will manage BESR 8.0, 8.5 and 2010 installs. I don't think there are any immediate plans for BESRM to support BESR 2010.

Hope that all makes sense.

criley
Employee Accredited

To further clarify; BESRM has now gone end-of-life so I would doubt that support for BESR 2010 clients is going to be added:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74794

As Andreas has already pointed out, your only real option is to move to the 2010 manager (BESR-MS). By the way, BESR-MS is free.

Hope that helps.

Linas
Level 6

I don’t know what you mean by “BESR-MS is free”

Yes if you are current with support you can download for free and upgrade

Buy the time you spend trying to get it to work and seemingly endless time wasted on hold for support and trouble shooting and lack of confidence in knowing backups are running and actually backing up something you can restore in an emergency

Even though its free I don’t think its work it

Nothing is free