cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Manager 2010 - Client Deployment Issues

joshgasman
Not applicable

I am in the process of testing BESR 2010 Management Suite. I have 3 servers allocated to the enviroment. 1 server is a W2K3 32bit standard server setup as the BESR Manager. I have successfully installed the Symantec Server management suite into it, along with the BESR Mngmnt piece. I have 2 clients setup for testing as well. 1 W2K3 23bit Std. server and 1 W2K8 32bit Std. server. Both machines have successfully installed the following pieces -

Altiris Agent
Altiris Base Task Handlers
Altiris Client Task Agent
Inventory Rule Agent
Software Management Famework Agent
Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Policy Agent
Symnatec Backup Exec System Recovery TAsk Agent.

The issue I am running into as with the clients getting the "Package for Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 with user interface" Package. The clients were "recieving" the package "successfuly". Upon execution, the status would display 'failed to start'.  After doing some poking around in the Altiris agent, I saw the the package was downloaded but that it was 0.0 KB. I then looked on the Altiris / Symantic BESR Management 2010 server and saw that the location(s) for the packages to be stored are actually empty. So the Clients are downloading nothing "successfully" and attempting to run a package that is not actaully there, on the client or the server. Is there something I am missing? Is there another piece I need to install?

Thanks,

Joshua Clark

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited
When you installed the Management Solution, did you select to install 'Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Installer'? If not, that is probably the cause of this.

You will need to do a repair install via add/remove programs and add this option.

***Please mark this thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s)***