cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR and Citrix

magamaga
Level 2
Can BESR backup a Citrix server with its default drive at M: instead of C: ?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Tianxiang_Chua
Level 3
Hi Magamaga,

There are articles on the Symantec Support site.
http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/n2004025511558760 - General Citrix erver article
http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/n2005110416134260 - Under Non Default Drive Letters section

I do take images for my citrix presentation server but I have yet to do any recovery. So taking the image is not a problem, its whether it can recover.

magamaga
Level 2
Indeed, it is the problem.   I would love for this to work with my Citrix server, because, Lord forbid, if it crashes or messes up in any way, I will have to rebuild and rebuilding will kill our Citrix project.

This is the relevant info I received from the documents you made a reference to:

Non Default Drive Letters
The first version of Restore Anyware may not work properly restoring to non default drive letters. For example, a Citrix server may have drives M:, N:, O:, and the volumes will be restored as C:, D:, E: and the server may not be bootable. This type of configuration has not been tested and is not officially supported at this time.
If there is no support, to me this means that this Backup Exec System Recovery  DOES NOT WORK with Citrix.

Message Edited by magamaga on 03-30-200709:01 AM

TomMLS
Level 5
I agree, this is absolutely critical and very poor design to make an app that can't make sense of drive letters.
Symantec is doing a good job of not supporting its customers' requirements by making it not possible to use this app under so many circumstances.

It might be temporarily possible to change the drive mappings before creating the image, then after restoring, change them again??

Thank you, tom

Carlos_Arras
Level 3
I did a snapshot and try to recovered. It recovered ok except for and error: Missing smegina.dll, I found an article from Citrix: Document ID: CTX110891. I replace the file and It worked.

magamaga
Level 2
That's cool Carlos, but I can't buy the product and use it for my Citrix without support.   I need to have someone from Symantec tell me "Yes, this product will work fine with Citrix" before I buy it.