cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR hangs on 'updating history'?

BMS
Level 4
And here's for again another bug: suddenly (after a few 'normal' days) BESR (latest version) - Progress & Performance hangs on 95%, in the progress of 'updating history'?

For now I hope I don't have to actually recover a server using BESR ... I fear as many bugs in recovering as there are in Backing Up ... Smiley Sad

cheers, BS
3 REPLIES 3

Taco_Man
Level 2
Did you get 7.03?

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4
Hi,

I had the same problem. In my case the McAfee HIPS firewall was the problem. Do you have any firewall software installed on both the server and the client? Try to disable (or better temperarely remove) it and see if the backups goes to 100%.

Our problems was solved when upgrading McAfee HIPS 6.1 to HIPS 7.0

Good luck,

dale_m1
Level 4
Hello,

I realize it's over two years since the original post, however I just encountered exactly the same problem with BESR 2010.  I had just done a fresh install of BESR 2010 on two Win Server 2003 servers over the weekend.  They ran their first baseline at the conclusion of the install and then were scheduled for M,T,W,H,F evening incrementals.  When I logged into each of these this morning I received the mysterious blue pop up about running missed backups (ignored it) and when I checked status and progress they were both hung "updating history". 

For the first server I ran through the steps outlined in Symantec Document ID: 307406 (Basically delete history & schedule files, recreate backup job, start over).  The second server, after at least an hour, seems to have finished its history updating and showed a fully complete status.  The Symantec document indicated that this problem can happen as a result of corruption of the history file.  I do hope this does not prove to be a recurring issue.