cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Domain Controller

eugenetay07
Level 2

Hi guys,

i'm new to this forum, appreciate if some help is given for my problem here :)

i'm running 2 domain controllers, both on Windows Server 2003

The BESR job has not been able to run at all, they have been facing these problems:

Drive based backup job

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\). Error E0BB001B: Cannot lock volume C:\ because it contains the OS or has an active paging file. Error EBAB03F1: The volume contains system or paging files.
Details: 
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\), New Volume (D:\). Error EC8F03EA: Cannot create a virtual volume image of the selected drive. Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this Volume. Error E0BB0147: The operation '%1' is not currently enabled for this %2.
Details: 
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

-Cannot create a virtual volume image of the selected drive.
--Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this Volume.

When the job seems to be able to run, it prompts this:
The operation cannot be performed while Windows is running, You must complete this operation inside the recovery environment. 

As I have an upcoming planned downtime, would like to take this time to do a proper backup. 
Please advise if what should be the correct modifications?

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You have posted in the Backup Exec forum, BESR is a separate product with the current version now renamed as SSR (Symantec System Recovery)

As such you might want to post in the correct forum.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/symantec-system-recovery-formerly...

eugenetay07
Level 2

Hi Colin

I've adjusted the forum.

criley
Employee Accredited

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\). Error E0BB001B: Cannot lock volume C:\ because it contains the OS or has an active paging file. Error EBAB03F1: The volume contains system or paging files.

This has been seen before and was caused by other backup products being installed along with BESR/SSR. Do you have any other backup products installed on this server?

Can you also confirm the version (including service pack level) of BESR/SSR (check in Help/About for version details).

eugenetay07
Level 2

Hi Chris

Both are Domain controllers, BESR 8.5 Server edition, 8.5.7.36701
Only have BE remote agent installed. 

Error EC8F03EA Cannot create a virtual volume of selected drive
Error E0BB0147 The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this volume
Error E0BB0147 The operation '%1' is not currently enabled for this %2
Error EC8F03ED Cannot create the recovery point
Error EBAB003 A test that safeguards the integirty of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, Computer::CreateImageFile....
Error E0BB001B Cannot lock volume C:\ because is contains the OS or has an active paging file
Error EBAB03F1 The volume contains system or paging file

criley
Employee Accredited

If you reboot the server and then run a BESR backup before running any BE backup, does it work?