cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec System Recovery Plug-In remote installation without forced reboot

Daniele_D_
Level 3

Is there a way to install the Backup Exec System Recovery plug-in on clients without forcing reboot? I want to deploy the plug-in to some clients and wait the day after to start to manage them.

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you doing this from BESR-MS (BESR Management Solution)?

The only component that requires a reboot is the BESR client itself. The install package by default is set to reboot. You will need to modify this and change the command line from REBOOT=Force to REBOOT=ReallySuppress.

More details here on other command line switches:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH83882

Hope that helps.

Daniele_D_
Level 3

Thanks Chris. Yes, I'm doing that from BESR-MS, if I install remotely the Plug-In it reboot automatically the client. On some server, also the agent installation has restarder the machine, without my will.

What  I want to do is to deploy the altiris agent one day and the plug-in the day after, without forcing reboot, just wait the normal shutdown at the end of the working day.

criley
Employee Accredited

On some server, also the agent installation has restarder the machine, without my will.

Please refer to my original response - you need to modify the existing package and change the command line options so that a reboot is not forced.

if I install remotely the Plug-In it reboot automatically the client.

Really? I've not seen this. What operating system(s) are you seeing this on?

DeepakG
Level 2

Hi,

I made the changes "REBOOT=ReallySuppress" ; save and updated the package but still the client reboots after the remote installation. Please suggest.............

criley
Employee Accredited

After making the changes, did you click on 'Update Distribution Points' before saving? If not, try this.

DeepakG
Level 2

Hi Chris,

I do tried this, but the client still reboots after the remote installation. Please suggest........